Sunday, January 21, 2007

Cover Girl



I made the cover!!! I knew that The Iowan was going to publish my State Fair blue-ribbon photo in the portfolio section of the new issue, but to my great surprise they also used it on the cover! I am thrilled to say the least!

I'm afraid I'm going to fail miserably at one of my resolutions......I haven't been out to shoot any photos just for fun or personal challenge in the month of January despite my good intent to do so twice a month. There's still a week (plus)... so I may not be a total failure yet. We'll see. I have a deadline this Thursday at the paper and a new project on top of my regular monthly commitments....so we shall see indeed.

On the knitting front....I finished a shrug!! It's so soft--made of merino and cashmere (and headed for Germany soon!) It's a gift to my swap partner there. I promise to take pics and post them soon!

Also, I broke down and went crazy shopping at Knit Picks. I went to get some sock yarn for my swap partner.....and of course got some for myself as well! I am loving working with the one type--it feels and works up very much like Lorna's Laces...but it's only $3.99 a hank! I can dig that!! I'll take some pics and post. I'm trying my first ever "toe up" sock to see how long I can go on the cuff. It's been fun!

Well, that's all for now. Pics to come....SOON!!!

Knit On! (And Happy Shooting to you photo bugs out there!)

No comments: