Thursday, March 08, 2007

Ok, I'll Admit It

I am disappointed with how the swap turned out for me.

Here are just a few of the pics of packages others received:






Not to mention the box that I myself shipped off. I realize the whole point is that it's better to give than to receive. And I did have fun making that cashmere shrug for Gudron and learning new stitches. It was really fun to imagine her delight in opening the box and discovering the many little treasures I had included.

And it looks like almost everyone else had the same idea and feeling in getting into the spirit of the exchange.

And then my package arrived. In an envelope. A ripped envelope.

I feel guilty about feeling ripped off. (And this is probably why I asked the people putting the swap together at the very beginning what the perameters were for what should be sent/included in the package!) Guilty feelings aside, I do in fact, feel as though I definitely got the short end of the stick.

And I'm not sure I'll do a swap again. At least one that's not clearly defined r.e. how much to spend or include, etc.

Thus the second of my "poor me" themed blog entries. Not that anyone is actually reading them. I'm going to work on my latest pair of socks now.

Happy Knitting!


Follow this link to look at the photo album of the packages people received from their swap partners:

http://de.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/luitgard2/album?.dir=6036re2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//de.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/luitgard2/my_photos

No comments: