Thursday, October 22, 2009

Knitting on the Go

Here is the video Cat Bordhi made about knitting on the go. (a.k.a. knitting as exercise!)



My recent "on the go" project is the thrummed mittens I learned to make thanks to Leslie at Ewephoria Yarns in Pocahontas.

This is the final product:



And this is what they look like on the inside:



The lining is tufts of alpaca which make them feel like luxurious pillows of warmth on your hands. (Given the overheated state of my hands 90% of the time, I'm giving these to my DD who has cold hands and will soon be walking across a cold, wintry campus!)

I've found the process of thrumming a bit more tedious than I like with knitting, however I'm very glad to have learned the tecnique!

Happy knitting!

1 comment:

McVal said...

Ok - I must have misunderstood your last post! I thought you meant a cat!
But it was still very interesting! I wish I could exercise while using a sewing machine!
And that woman has an awesome voice!