Monday, August 29, 2011

Of Heating Pads and Ibuprofen

There has not been much knitting, photography or carving/letterboxing going on at my house of late. Mostly there's been time spent with the heating pad and waiting for the clock to catch up for my next dose of pain killer.

Turns out I have either sprained my lower back or have a herniated disc. (Won't know for sure for another week or two. Have to jump through the right hoops for a while before the insurance company will pay for the MRI to make the diagnosis.)

I went to physical therapy last Friday and had a wonderful time soaking in the heat and electrical stimulus. That led to a pretty decent weekend. (I went grocery shopping!) But I am uber sore again this morning.

My first three days with the school district were spent in training. Today will be my first day in the building. I am looking forward to meeting some students!

3 comments:

McVal said...

I hope you feel better soon! That is the pits to go to work when you're in pain.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Sorry to hear about your back. You are a trooper.

Caffeine Girl said...

Back pain is it's own special hell, isn't it? I hope yours turns out to be caused by something simple to fix.

I don't have students until Friday, and I'm OK with one more day to get ready!