Wednesday, May 06, 2009

EZ Blanket



(In the interest of full disclosure: it's very possible I haven't laid this out correctly! This photo is for demonstration purposes only and should not be confused with whatever the finished object looks like. Thank you.)

Here's what I have so far on the baby blanket I'm knitting from Elizabeth Zimmerman's The Opinionated Knitter. I am really loving the feel of the organic cotton yarn from Knit Picks. And the colors.

While I was knitting with my knitting pals this morning one of them was looking at the thing quizically. When I showed her the design sketch for the finished project, she drew in a quick breath and said, "That would be perfect for my autistic grandson! A puzzle piece is the emblem for autism and that looks like a puzzle pieced together to me!"

One regret. I wish I had gotten the worsted weight yarn rather than the sport. Other than that, it's good, mindless knitting whenever I get a few moments. (May is VERY busy!)

Happy knitting!


ps...I also find "vacuuming" with photoshop highly entertaining!

No comments: