Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day weekend. I had a quiet one with some significant moments of fun.

First of all, I got a new camera from my DH and kids . . . a DSLR! Here's a sample of one of the first few photos out of the shoot:



Also, I enjoyed going over to Cedar Falls in order to pick up the camera from their Target (ours didn't have any) and having the chance to see my FIL. He's a sweetie and hasn't been feeling well of late...so I'm glad we got to visit.

While in CF we grabbed a couple caches too.

Then, en route home we made a detour through Eldora, IA. What a cool town!! We want to go back and explore the Pine Lake State Park area as there appeared to be quite a lot of cool things to do there. We went to Deer Park across the street from the Hardin County Fairgrounds and found a cache and our third letterbox!! Yeah!! I love letterboxing, possibly even more than caching. I love the element that the pay off is a little piece of unique art in the form of the hand-carved stamp. This one was called "Peter Rabbit."

There was also an old car show and live music going as we passed through town.

On the actual day DH grilled delicious steaks and twice baked potatoes, which DD supplemented with healthy cupcakes.

[Check it out: one box of chocolate cakemix and one can of pumpkin--plain pumpkin, not the pie filling kind with spices. That's ALL you use. They are moist, high in fiber and fat-free. And you don't taste the pumpkin at all!! Amazing and oh so good!!]

The kids and I went out and found three more caches which brings our grand total to 100! A great milestone to hit together on Mother's Day.

I am blessed. (And really for so many more reasons than what I wrote about.....)

Happy shooting/knitting/caching/boxing!

1 comment:

McVal said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. And congrats on your new camera!