Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Snowing in June! (or a tatting update!)

I thought I should update you on the progress I'm making with the efforts to teach myself tatting.

I am still on LARGE thread. (It's best for beginners.) Here's what I'm working on:



It's a snowflake. I have a ways to go yet in learning to seamlessly connect chains and rings. Also, I need to keep practicing making sure my picots end up the same size. But I am fairly pleased with the progress I'm making!



I have made good progress figuring out how to hook picots together and thus join motifs. I even stopped this once and picked it up a week later and was able to find my place and keep going. I've had to switch to new thread on both shuttles as well. So I'm slowly picking up some skills.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

McVal said...

awesome!!! I can imagine your Christmas tree covered in them!