Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Torn Between Two Loves

Ever have a day (or week!) of not being able to do a thing because there are too many choices???

On the one hand are all the things I "should" be doing: dishes, picking up, laundry, cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming and dusting........(does this list ever go away????)

On the other hand there are the things I'd LOVE to be doing: knitting or scrapbooking/photography. I've currently got three knitting projects going. One is a second sock (somehow hard to get motivated for!) One is a new child's sized sock using Lorna's Laces leftovers. One is a worsted weight slipper sock for a Christmas gift on US 6 dpns.

I also just received all the print copies of the photos from our early August vacation in the UP of Michigan. I'd love to sit down and begin to lay them out in our vacation scrapbook (I've even got the perfect artwork dreamt up for the title page!!)

Ahhhh! Too many choices! I feel torn between my loves of knitting and photos. (Not to mention the fact that somewhere in the gray middle ground between "should" and "love" lies the fact I feel I should also be out shooting some images for potential sale! We could use the income!!)

Do any of you suffer from this dilema? How do you solve it? I find I can get enslaved to this mentality and end up not accomplishing much for several days in a row. If you've got any words of wisdom to share, don't hesitate to leave a comment!

No comments: