Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Illusion Scarf

Ever since I saw the Knitty Gritty episode on illusion knitting I was intrigued. Then I came across a brilliant pattern by Lindsay on thestormmoon.blogspot.com which is a pattern with the Dark Mark from Harry Potter hidden in the scarf. This was all I needed to give it a whirl. (We are Harry Potter crazy at our house. My daughter got "Outstanding" on the last W.O.M.B.A.T. on JK Rowling's website.) I'm only a little bit into it but this is it so far:

This is what it looks like straight on:


and this is what you see if you view it from the flat edge:


It's been fun to watch the pattern emerge. I keep tipping the project every few rows to see what's happening. I'm going to investigate this method further. I'd like to come up with some illusions having to do with the "good" guys in HP. Just imagine, me--making my own pattern. Cool!

Happy Knitting!

No comments: