Thursday, July 19, 2007

Joy Riding

I took a break from my furious knitting under deadline pressure on the HP illusion scarf for my son in order to actually put a few hours in on the job for which I get paid. Interviewed a gentleman from church r.e. his '57 Chevy Bel Air. Got all the details and some great photos for the magazine layout. (Trying to work in ways to engage the male readers out there!)

Any who....the big treat was that my daughter (who was along as my photographic assistant) and I got to go for a ride with the top down.



What an ABSOLUTE THRILL!!!!!!! This car is perfectly restored, all original parts except the battery. Bob is an artist when it comes to fine-tuning engines and keeping a "three on the tree" manual transmission working perfectly. You can't imagine the wonderful sound when he fired it up! And the thrill of the air blowing through your hair. And those heavenly comfortable seats! Wowza!

I sometimes still find myself amazed that someone is paying me to do this stuff. Meet great people. Hear interesting stories. Write. Photograph. Put it all together.

It's a dream come true!

Guess I'll get back to knitting now....after all there's not much time left before they expect to go to a Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows premiere in that scarf!
Wish me luck!

Happy Shooting and Knitting!

No comments: