Friday, September 14, 2007

Some of the Best Things

Sometimes some of the best things in life are the things we've forgotten.

I've seen this phenomenon with my own kids. When they were younger and we would have "clean your room" day they would often discover toys that they'd lost under the bed or behind the dresser or other places. These toys had been out-of sight-out-of-mind long enough that rediscovering them brought the kids much joy. (Not to mention distractions large enough to turn a 2 hour job into an all day kind of project, but let's not go there.)

Guess what I forgot about?



Ravelry!

I got my name in the queue last July and completely forgot about it until I received my invitation to join today. *yeah!* With waves of joy I am venturing into another fiber zone. I've only just dipped my toes in thus far, but it looks like a great place and I'm certain that I'll be diving in deep one of these days and there will be no getting me out of the water!

Happy Knitting & Spinning!

1 comment:

moonsib said...

Hi Kim, I thoroughly enjoyed your blog, and your talents are impressive! Writing, photography, publishing, knitting, and the ministry - you are truly blessed in many ways! I hope you won't be disappointed with your swap package, it's taken me this long because I keep thinking of just one more thing to find to add to it. I haven't received a package yet, but the mail out here in the country can be slow.
Happy blogging,
AnnB