Monday, May 26, 2008

Birthdays

Speaking of my daughter's birthday....there've been (or will be) a couple OTHER birthdays in the extended family that mean knitting gifts.

My brother-in-law, Joe, had a birthday in April. He chose a lap afghan for a gift, knit in their school district's colors. Here is a sneak peek at part of the project thus far: (and I DO apologize it seems to be taking me forever to complete!)



I have a sister-in-law (who will remain nameless at this point in order to maintain some semblance of secrecy) who will be having a birthday in the upcoming months and I am also working on a project for her. Here's another sneak peek:



I've also been working on my lace shawl project which is getting bigger. I'm sure there are TONS of mistakes in it....but I plan to make it a learning point and keep it for myself, so I will use it no matter what. Photos will be forthcoming after it is complete.

Went out and shot some photos last evening and this is the view I got along one of the country roads east of town. Unfortunately the area was hit by severe storms yesterday and about 100 miles east of us one town is over half gone with 4 dead, 3 critically injured and over 70 treated for injuries. Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Parkersburg, New Hartford and Butler & Black Hawk counties.

No comments: