Tuesday, June 30, 2009

One Down, One To Go



Ta da! One mitten completed. I really like how it turned out, even if I had to make up the top/decrease pattern all on my own. (The original called for another panel of the main floral motif which decreased along the natural "upper" triangle of the border.)

I got guilt-tripped into entering the state fair knitting contest/exhibition again this year. There is some scuttlebutt out there that entry numbers are down and fair organizers are trying to decide if keeping the fabric and threads category (at least for things non-quilting) is worth it. Area knitting guilds (and other needlework groups) are begging people to enter just to prove to fair organizers that there are, in fact, so many of us crafters out here that to NOT continue isn't even an option.

So I sent my $5 and got 5 entry tags. This pair of mittens will be one entry. I have a couple pairs of socks I can enter too. Not sure what the other two entries might be. We'll see.

Wish me luck, and happy knitting!

1 comment:

McVal said...

I was about to pay my $5 tonight or in the morning to get my tags. Do I need to know which class or specifics when I pay the $5?
You're the veteran here...
Great glove by the way! Can't wait to see the partner to it!