Sunday, February 17, 2008

Blue Day

We had a lovely day of bright sunshine, blue skies and temps in the mid to upper 30s yesterday. Something kept telling me, "Get out and enjoy it while you can." So I did get out a few times yesterday.

Today we woke up to a blizzard warning.

I was supposed to drive a couple hours west to visit my brother's family and I whimped out due to the weather. (Turns out it was mostly over by 2 pm and we would have made it home just fine and I feel like a total fool and have the winter blues SOOOOOOO bad today that making that bonehead decision to call off the trip makes me even more depressed.)

At least me kids bounced back ok. This is what they did.




I'm sure any subtle resemblance to any person, living or dead, named "Adolf" in no way reflects on their unconscious feelings about their mother on the day she deeply disappointed them by depriving them of cousins, aunt/uncle, and delicious Kahlua Fudge Brownies............ (It does look like it's smiling at any rate....doesn't it?)

No comments: