Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Slippery Slope



I've discovered knitting slippers is dangerously addictive. The darn things knit up so quickly. (Epecially compared to socks which I use US #0 needles for!) It's fun to watch the colors develop. (Just like socks!) I know they will keep my nephews' feet warm. (Also like socks!) Did I mention how quick they are to knit??? Very, very tempting to just keep going....such a sense of accomplishment!

The largest pair along the bottom are for my soon to be 17 yr old nephew who plans on joining the army post-high school. The camo pattern with blue is for his brother Josh, who has blue eyes. The smallest pair is for the youngest nephew in that family (because I learned that when I knit things I think only the older boys will like, like fingerless gloves for instance, Zack really likes them as well and wishes to have his own. So he will not be left out on the slippers campaign! I picked his yarn out FIRST.)

Anyway, that's what I did last week. Four pairs of slippers. (I actually gave away the smallest pair which were knit for my niece in burgundy already, so no picture.)
Oh, and a hat that I don't blame my brother if he never puts on my baby nephew's head after Uncle Doug said it made him look like Lunette the clown on The Big Comfy Couch on public tv. (Lunette is a girl clown. Logan is definitely a BOY nephew. Thus the major problem with the hat.)

Back to work for me.

Happy Knitting & Shooting!

2 comments:

synnove said...

Lovely slippers.

Synnøve
http://www.synnove.de/blog

kshotz said...

Thanks Synnove!