Friday, January 02, 2009

2009 - New Beginnings

Well, I really did intend for my next post to have been titled "These are a few of my favorite things" in which I would have photographed a few of my most prized gifts received for the holidays. But time seems to have slipped by without my camera ending up in my hands, and I'd really like to do justice to the beautiful items I received (namely some heavenly yarn and a gorgeous one-of-a-kind made just for me necklace).....so I'll save my Sound of Music post for next time.

Here it is, another new year. 2009. My husband is a bit superstitious about odd numbered years, believing that they hold more negative energy than positive. I believe this is largely due to the fact his mother left this world in an odd numbered year. However, we were married in a year ending in an odd number, and both our kids were born during years which ended in "1" and "3" resepctively. So I am more hopeful that this year -2009 - just might have a lot more positive karma than others might think.

Last year my only resolution was to live a more intentional life. While I had my moments, I think that overall it was a good resolution which changed my life for the better. So I shall continue to make that my resolution for the coming year as well. I know that there are some life-changing events coming down the pike and my hope is to simply be in the moment. Aware. Reflective. Intentional.

That will be enough for me. Enough is good.

Happy New Year!

No comments: