Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A New Day, A Fresh Outlook

Two things I love about life:

1. A good night's sleep.

Never underestimate the ability of a good night's sleep to help you with a fresh perspective on things the next day. I love the restorative, healing nature of something so natural and wonderful as simply sleeping.

2. A gathering of knitting friends.

Wednesday is my "sit-n-knit" group. We meet from 9:30 to 11:30 or noon each week. There is plenty of delicious coffee (or mochas or lattes or tea or whatever floats your boat!) along with yummy baked goods and other forms of sustenance.

The best part, however, is the weekly show-and-tell and the comradery. Today there were 11 of us. We chatted, sometimes as a whole and at other moments in smaller groups. There is laughter. (Sometimes so much it leads to tears!) Sometimes there are just tears. (That usually leads to hugs.) It is like a weekly trip to the spa/therapy/arts & crafts class all in one! Hard to beat the healing and restorative nature of that as well!

Today I worked on the socks I am making for my sister. You may have spotted the pattern on the Yarn Harlot's blog (I know that's where I found it.) I liked the way it made her varigated yarn look. I thought it might jazz up some plain yarn too.

What do you think?



The pattern is Leyburn Socks and can be found at:

http://www.pepperknit.com/patterns/LeyburnSocksPattern.pdf

I am using Paton's sock yarn (Krory, I believe) and size US#1 needles.

I think my sister will like them.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: