Sunday, January 18, 2009

Almost Half-Way



Today is my 43rd birthday. I suppose I'm nearing the half-way point of life (at least I like to think I have a good while left yet!)

I like where I'm at on the journey. It's like hiking in the mountains. The half-way point is the pinnacle! You get to the top and have a chance to enjoy some breath-taking views! You have a broader perspective....you can see a lot further!

And the fact that it's all downhill from there is actually a positive thought to me! Making your way up is tough, often strenuous work. The effort requires concentration and sheer will-power to take another step sometimes. Sometimes you feel like giving up. (Sometimes you sit down on a rock while everyone else goes on without you....and you don't get to see the view from the top.....I know.)

The way down doesn't require near the same exertion. You can enjoy yourself. I see more on my way back down than I did on the way up. Enjoy the smaller details. Breathe easier. Encourage the people who are struggling on their way up that it really is worth it.




I'm very blessed to have a great husband, kids, extended family and friends who share the journey with me. Thanks for a special day guys....I love you!

No comments: