I have a FO to report!! (Finally!) Although I still have quite a lot to do in weaving in loose ends, I finally got the afghan put together.
I really like how it turned out. Even DH said last night, "That's really nice! The colors are great!"
Also, I was much surprised to learn that I've won another blog give-away. The ladies over at Romancing The Yarn are so awesome! Fran Baker has some sock yarn she was parting with and I will be the fortunate receipient!
Look what else came my way today!
Here's the rules:
• Thank the person who gave this to you.
• Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
• Link the person who nominated you.
• Name ten fun facts about yourself.
1) I like a splash of milk in my tea.
2) My guilty pleasure is watching Desperate Housewives.
3) I spent too much $$ on magazines last time I was at a real bookstore.
4) My favorite indulgence right now is a cup of almond biscotti flavored tea (with milk as stated above) and a real biscotti to go with it.
5) I used to visit a "rock shop" located in the basement of a house in my nieghborhood as a kid and buy up pretty, polished rocks. Then my friend Linda got her own rock tumbler and we made our own. I was so jealous of her rock tumbler! Then the kids received one for Christmas a few years ago. What fun!
6) I used to love riding my bike around the neighborhood I grew up in during the late afternoon in autumn. I could hear other people in their homes sometimes. On occasion delicious smells of something baking in someone's oven for their supper would waft by in the air. Sometimes when I'm out on a walk and catch a smell on the breeze I am transported back to those days of leisurely riding around Riverside.
7) I played the organ for my church for one terrifying, gut-wrenching summer. I was truly horrible and it made me throw-up from the nerves. (Sorry if you were eating while reading this....)
8) A couple times my sibs and I rode our bikes up the state highway a few miles to the near-by Stone State Park. We carried back packs and took a picnic with us. It was fun.
9) I enjoyed all the fishing outings I went on with my grandparents and family as a kid. Even when I didn't catch anything, I still had a good time.
10) Some days I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.
Ok - I'm supposed to give this to the most frequent commentors on my blog.
That would be:
Two Cables & A Frap
Cathy over at Kerowynsmom
Congrats Blogger Buddies!