Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yarn On The House

My new project is the lovely French Press Knits felted ballet slippers. This is the photo of the original pair from the pattern site on Ravelry.



The random number generator over at Yarn On The House chose my name to win both the pattern and two balls of Paton's Classic Wool in a very lovely Deep Olive color with which to make my first pair.

Knitting on the project commenced last night. So far it's going very well! Since you knit with either 2 or 3 strands of wool on size US #15 needles, it's knitting quite quickly too. I only knit for about an hour last night and finished off both bottoms and one of four sides.

I will take photos of them when I get them assembled, prior to felting. (They are going to look a bit like clown slippers at that point I suspect since they are about 4 inches longer than my feet!) Of course, I'll post pics post-felting too!

I highly recommend this pattern! And this may be my Christmas 2010 project for the ladies in the family!

If you're a knitter and haven't visited Yarn On The House, what are you waiting for??!! It's a great blog...and she gives away free yarn! It doesn't get much better than that dear readers. Head on over there; I'll see you later!

Happy Knitting!

No comments: