Sunday, August 08, 2010

KAL

For non-knitters out there, KAL means "Knit ALong." I'm doing a two-person KAL with my friend in my native state (California). We have been arranging our annual swap project and she admitted to needing a bit of encouragement to get the needles going once more, so we are knitting a hat together.

We conidered a few patterns, and settled upon the Windy City Hat by Jodi Haraldson. I am trying to make a few hats from stash for a medical mission going to New Guinea. (If you're on Ravelry, you can read about it here.)

Our first goal was to get the ribbing edge and 4 rows of stockinette done. Here are my results:



This is a fun pattern to do and it looks quite fancy when completed (according to photos on the pattern!)

So far I have 6 hats done. I hope to get a few more done before I mail them off to reach their destination by Sept. 1.

I'll keep you posted on the progress of the knit-along hat!

Happy knitting!

No comments: