Monday, January 07, 2008

Girl's Best Friend Anklet

I was fortunate to have quite a bit of knitting time over the weekend. (Playoff games for the NFL......) I started the Girl's Best Friend Anklet pattern available from Knit Picks for a VERY reasonable price. (I think the pattern was $2.) I must say, I am enjoying it immensely. Here it is thus far:



I am using Knit Picks yarn: Pallette in the Rainforest Heather colorway. The pattern calls for US #1 needles to get 8spi and I found that's what I needed to use to get gauge. Hence the Harmony dpns (also from Knit Picks) which you see in the photo.

Here is a close up of the diamond band on the cuff.



It's interesting because once you complete the pattern on the cuff, you turn the sock inside out to knit the rest of the leg, heel, gusset, foot and toe. Thus your cuff is automatically ready to be turned over so that the right side pattern is showing.

As you can see, they are knitting up rather quickly. I finished the cuff and part of the leg on Saturday and got the rest done on Sunday. I'm sure I will have one sock done and be onto the second by the time I go to knitting with my friends on Wednesday.

I will use this pattern again for certain. This color is too close to the one I gave my sister for her birthday last year, so I will knit this pattern in another color for her for her birthday in April. I think she will love them!

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

triconette said...

They are very special and you knit them in a beautiful colour!
yvonnep
http://www.philippa.nl/yvonnep

Unknown said...

A beautiful little sock, Kim. the color you chose for it shows it off well. you knit very nicely, too.
Pat from outside of Toledo