Monday, January 28, 2008

Good Book



I was supposed to be writing. But I've long subscribed to the idea that a writer must do a lot of reading for his or her writing to be any good. So I spent the weekend reading.

I would've been reading The Friday Night Knitting Club which a dear friend gave me for my birthday (thanks Joanne!) but the library called me last Friday to let me know that their copy of Ann Hood's The Knitting Circle was in and they would hold it for me for a couple days.

I went down and picked it up Saturday morning and read it over the weekend. All I can say is wow! The characters pulled me in and the story was so engrossing I had a hard time pulling myself off the sofa to fix meals! Parts of it were gritty. Some of it heart wrenching. No easy fixes at the end, yet you come away feeling "settled" about everything.

Good stuff.

And I swear I'm going to finish my writing.
Soon.
Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: